Attention Developers! Here’s an invitation to show off your Windows Phone app at SXSW. If you have a unique, cool, or downright amazing app – and are headed to SXSW – you could land a chance to demo it inside the Nokia Lab, a one-of-a-kind, free-standing structure Nokia will erect near the convention center for SXSW Interactive.
It’s simple to take part. Just give a brief info about your Windows Phone app, and you may get to show it off to hundreds of people during Nokia’s Developer Day at SXSW on 12 March 2012 at your own demo station inside the Nokia Lab.
Visitors to the Nokia Lab at SXSW will experience Nokia’s newest Windows Phone devices, including the Nokia Lumia 900, as well as getting a first-hand experience with your app. The app demos inside the Nokia Lab will run from 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. that day.
Here’s what you need to do to have your app considered for a spot in the exclusive demo section at Nokia’s Developer Day:
- Have an app that works on a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone device
- Send the following brief details via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name, company and contact information (include email and phone)
- A link to your app in Windows Phone Marketplace, or link to the private beta of your app in WindowsPhone Marketplace
- A brief description and any screenshots of your app
- Why your app is amazing, cool, or unique
Selected developers will be contacted to participate. The Windows Phone Marketplace currently has nearly 65,000 apps and publishes about 300 apps every day. So here’s an opportunity for you to build an experience – not just another app – and bring smartphones to life for brands and consumers.