About the Competition
The competition has 2 tracks.
- Game Development: Join this track if your startup team is working on game development, VR, or AR applications.
- App Development: Join this track if your startup team is working on specific App development using any technology. (Mobile, Cloud, Web, IOT, AI, .. etc)
Prizes and Perks
Below are the perks and prizes the participants can win.
- $72k Total Cash Prizes for Winners
- Business planning training by GrindStone
- Acceleration Program by Microsoft through THINKROOM
- Access to VCs for top winning startups
Eligibility Criteria for African Launchpad for App and Game Development
To be eligible to participate, you must be from any of the countries below:
Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
Also, you need to meet the criteria below:
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old
- Team Size not Less than 2 Members
- A Working Prototype at least is a Must
The organizer will judge each application and pitching on the 4 following areas:
- Innovation Originality / Creativity
- Business Model
- Art and / or Design of the Game / App
- Team Competencies.
For more information about the competition click here.