The Rhodes Trust offers Rhodes Trust Postgraduate Scholarship Program for international students globally, to study at University of Oxford. The application deadline is August 01, 2022.
About the Rhodes Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2022 for International Students
The Rhodes Scholarships have been awarded in 20 constituencies (representing over 60 different countries) up till now. However, the Rhodes Scholarships are now fully global. This new scholarships allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world to apply (subject to nomination). It is for postgraduate courses offered at University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young persons of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide.
The four criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Scholars are:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
Who can apply?
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:
- Citizenship & residency: From any country of the world
- Age: You must have reached your 18th birthday and not have passed your 24th birthday on 1 October in the year of application. There is some variation on the upper age limit across constituencies depending on the local environment. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. You can not defer the scholarship.
- Education: Rhodes Scholars must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford, to a sufficiently high standard to meet both the Rhodes and the Oxford criteria. Please consult the detailed information provided by the constituency to which you are applying on our How to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship page and the prospectus pages of the University of Oxford. NB: Some constituencies require completion of your undergraduate degree in the year of application for the Scholarship.
How to Apply for Rhodes Trust Postgraduate Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, click here.
For more information about the scholarship, visit the award page..