The application for Google Research Ph.D. Internship Program 2021 is now open. The application deadline is 24th December 2020. This internship is intended for students who are pursuing a PhD with an anticipated graduation date on or after December 2021, depending on their program and unique circumstances.
About Google Research Ph.D. Internship Program 2021
This is a 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building. Research happens across Google everyday, in many different teams. Our research has already impacted user-facing services across Google including Search, Maps and Google Now, and is central to the success of Google Cloud and our planet-scale computing, storage, and networking infrastructure.
At Google, research-focused engineering interns are embedded throughout the company, contributing to the setup of large-scale tests and deploying promising ideas quickly and broadly. Ideas may come from internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
As a Research intern, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. You might also stay connected to your research roots as a contributor to the wider research community by publishing papers.
Note: By applying to this position your application, Google will consider it for the following locations: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; İstanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
- Currently enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Research experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, and/or Machine Learning from previous internships, work, personal projects, and/or lab work.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, C++,Python or Go.
- Having published papers (being listed as author) at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Ability to design and execute on research agendas.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
How to apply
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on internship page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- 1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume
- 2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Please complete your application before 24th December 2020. Google encourage you to apply as early as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.
For more information and how to apply, visit the official webpage of the Google Research Ph.D. Internship 2021.