The application for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is now open. YIPP is an online training academically designed by the London School of Insurance in conjunction with Africa Re. It is to fulfill its mission to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa.
About The Young Insurance Professionals Programme
The objective of this annual online training programme is to offer brilliant graduates the possibility of accelerated career development thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance and reinsurance sector.
The insurance programme is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. Candidates who are successful for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a training programme on a yearly basis with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where valuable on-the- job experience will be gained.
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training programme with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where they will gain valuable on-the-job experience. They will undergo an intensive 9 months’ on-line training on a specially designed package focusing on Reinsurance, Leadership and Management subjects. The training programme will be run in English and French.
Successful candidates will then be gathered for one week in Lagos or in another city where Africa Re has an office to conclude the training and for the graduation ceremony. During the one week face- to- face training, participants will be divided into teams. Each team will be requested to present a paper of not more than 5 pages on how they expect to influence their respective organizations in the areas of training, knowledge and skills acquisition if they assume positions of authority.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism;
- Develop/improve internal operations processes (client servicing, claims handling, etc.);
- Contribute to market research and segmentation for low income clients, and develop products for the masses in order to increase insurance penetration;
- Contribute to the construction of reliable database of re/insurance market statistics.
You will find below the minimum requirements for the programme
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
Applications received after the deadline, will not be considered. Applicants should upload their curriculum vitae, cover letter and reference forms. If deemed necessary, an interview may be part of the assessment process.
To make the process of enrollment as easy as possible, please find below a list of the documents you will need to supply as part of the application process. Have these ready to upload before you start the process.
How To Apply
To apply for the programme, follow the steps below.
- Please fill the form.
- Upload supporting documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Reference Form
- Passport Photo
Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Successful applicants will receive email before 22 January 2021 and must be available to commence the programme in February 2021.
Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.
For more information above the program, visit the official Webpage of the Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme 2020.