Applications are open for the Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program 2022 for Young African women. This will allow women to take up short-term positions in various locations.
About Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program 2022 for Young African women
Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program is a global apprenticeship program designed to accelerate job-readiness for careers in technology.
Microsoft is looking for women who are enthusiastic about tech and would like to build a career in the technology industry. The Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Programme’s mission is to recruit, develop and upskill unconventional talent for employability into the technology industry worldwide. As part of our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion drive, we are creating more opportunities for female engineers to launch their career through the LEAP Apprenticeship.
Whether it’s a stay-at-home parent interested in re-entering the workforce or someone who is ready for a ‘second act,’ the stories from current and former participants are truly inspiring. Not only is Leap launching new cohorts across the country and the globe, but it’s also re-launching the lives of countless individuals looking to make an impact.
What the interns will be doing
This role will:
- Serve as single point of contact for customers, gathering information needed to resolve cases, setting expectations, and delivering guidance on resolutions while a technical team works to resolve critical system issues.
- Assign appropriate severity level, category, priority, and team to each incident.
- Manage the end-to-end customer case lifecycle to ensure incidents are resolved accurately and timely, proactively following up and engaging with the customer.
- Collaborate and seek guidance from technical engineers, subject matter experts, and other team members to validate your approach, escalating to higher level technical support as needed.
- Maintain documentation for all cases, including queries, process steps, resolutions consistent with commitments, and prescribed protocols, always protecting confidential and sensitive information.
Eligibility Criteria for Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program
Below are the eligibility criteria
- A bachelor’s or HND degree, in any discipline. Computer science/IT-related coursework is an advantage.
- At least 6+ months of professional technical experience after degree completion e.g., internship.
- Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps programme.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Passion for technology and learning
- Knowledge of Microsoft Solutions such as Azure, Microsoft Dynamics, and M365 is an advantage.
Pathways toward your tech career
Applicants to Microsoft Leap must select a pathway before applying. All participants in a cohort will be in the same pathway. This will impact the collection of classroom and project experience. The pathway you choose will largely influence your career —whether at Microsoft or elsewhere.
How to Apply for Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program
For more information about the program and how to apply, visit the Microsoft Leap website.