The application for the Shell LiveWIRE enterprise development program is now open. The purpose of LiveWIRE is to improve opportunities for young people to realize their potential through the creation and development of their own businesses. Such businesses will contribute towards a more buoyant economy and communities with more fulfilled young people.
About the Shell LiveWIRE Enterprise Development Program
LiveWIRE Nigeria is a youth enterprise development programme supported by The Shell Petroleum Devlopment Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC).
The objectives for the LiveWIRE Programme are to;
- Raise business awareness amongst final year university students to encourage them to see starting a business as a valid career option
- Assist youths to discover and develop business ‘ideas’ through Bright Ideas Workshops
- Make available to youths that want to go on to start a business, business planning and management guidelines and skills through the Become A Successful Owner Manager Course (BSOM)
- Run awards for best business plans, the price of which gives access to micro-credit facilities, through third parties like banks, NGOs and allied financial institutions
- Run an award for young people who have sustained a business for 2 to 3 years and continue the award on an annual basis
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for those who have completed the training course and decide to pursue starting their own business. Mentors can be drawn from oil & gas, banking, social voluntary sectors, etc.
- Print and provide information on youth enterprise at LiveWIRE Resource Centre
- Target Beneficiaries: Youths in the age range of 18 to 30 years.
The programme operates in the Niger Delta region and aims to inspire, encourage and support young people to start up their own businesses.
Shell LiveWIRE Enterprise Development Program Benefits
- For young people, there is access to attractive, targeted, high quality, relevant programmes and opportunities to meet other young people with similar ambitions and challenges.
- For the joint venture partners, there are Public Relations, media and brand opportunities aimed at demonstrating commitment to local economic development. In addition, LiveWIRE provides good opportunities for Shell Employee Volunteering programmes.
To be eligible for the program, you need to be from the Nigerian states of
- Imo, and
In addition, you need to meet the criteria below:
- Aged 18 – 35
- have an innovative business idea
- You desire to own and manage a business
- Possess a University degree or HND in any discipline
- You have completed NYSC if applicable
- Not in paid employment
For more information on the program and how to apply, click here.