The Apps for Climate Competition by the World Bank is around the corner, and the deadline is March 16th, 2012. So developers and designers should be wrapping up their products/solutions. Don’t forget the business development folks, except your app is for ‘charity’.
The Judges for the competition have also been announced. It’s a 6-person panel of internationally recognized persons. See list below:
- Christiana Figueres, Executive Secretary, UNFCCC
- Rajendra Pachauri, Chairman, IPCC, Director-General, TERI
- Juliana Rotich, Executive Director, Ushahidi
- Patrick Svenburg, Senior Manager, Developer & Platform Evangelism, Microsoft’s Public Sector Division
- Rachel Kyte, Vice President of Sustainable Development, World Bank
- Andrew Steer, Special Envoy for Climate Change, World Bank
Two information sessions were recently held, and both transcripts are online:
- The Open Climate Data Meeting on January 31st took deep dives on the competition and on climate data, and brainstormed some interesting potential applications. Read the summary wrap-ups here and here.
- The Expert Help Desk on February 14th answered dozens of questions on various sources of climate and climate-relevant data. A transcript is available here.