Google Nigeria is currently recruiting to fill various positions. One of the key positions is the New Business Development Manager, West Africa which the company is currently trying to fill. The position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria. According to the Job Description, the New Business Development Manager will work with Product, Engineering and other teams on new product incubation and exploratory efforts, technology and meta-data licensing, strategic partnerships, urgent special projects, and alternative distribution for existing and new business initiatives.
The person will be self-starter who will work closely with the Google Product team on new initiatives and key strategic relationships. Google’s Business Development Managers are recognized experts within the business group and external partners. They make progress with ambiguity, work in challenging environments and pro- actively communicate and manage project status to achieve success. The person will be expected to lead and initiate cross-functional company-wide projects and pro-actively seek out initiatives to improve the Google business in Africa.
The basic requirements of the job are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (MBA preferred).
- Significant African experience, including experience in business development, partner management, product management or product marketing in industries relevant to Google.
- Experience identifying partners, analyzing and facilitating complex deal structures with a proven track record of deal negotiation and execution.
- In-depth experience operating within cross-functional teams (product management, implementation, legal, finance, marketing, etc.).
- Possess high level of comfort escalating and presenting key deal issues to Google senior management when appropriate; solution-oriented mind-set a must.
- Ability to manage several time-sensitive project/deals at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Fluent in English, French (preferred) and other native African languages (preferred
Other positions Google is trying to fill in its Lagos office are:
- Developer Advocate – Lagos
- Outreach Program Manager – Lagos
- Sales Engineer – Lagos
- Technical Account Manager – Lagos
- Legal Counsel, Sub-Sahara Africa – Lagos
- Communications Manager, West Africa – Lagos
- Product Marketing Manager (SMB Focus), Nigeria – Lagos
- Industry Manager
Visit Google’s job page for details of all available jobs and how to apply for various job position.
Source: Google Nigeria job page