As part of efforts to reduce the rate of unemployment in Lagos State, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has approved Internship Programme for 4,000 unemployed graduates in line with the T.H.E.M.E.S Agenda of the present administration and the Youth Development Programme of the State. The Graduate Internship Placement Programme (GIPP) is to give candidates the opportunity to develop employability and work-ready skills they need in securing gainful employment.
About the Graduate Internship Placement Programme
The Internship Programme will be addressing the third and fourth pillars of the present administration’s T.H.E.M.E.S agenda. These are Education and Technology and Making Lagos a 21st Century Economy. The beneficiaries will receive a monthly stipend of
N40,000 for the six months duration of the internship.
Interested applicants must possess NYSC Certificates or letters of exemption, and must be registered residents of the State with Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, LASRRA.
How the Programme works
GIPP is a go-to platform for early-career professionals to get discovered by employers.
- Create an account: Register on the platform by filling in your bio-data and required information
- Preliminary assessment: Take standard assessments to test your aptitude and basic skills
- Get noticed by employers : Employer view candidate’s profile and reach out to qualified graduates
How to register as a graduate?
- Go to ‘Register for free’
- Select ‘Graduate’
- Type in your preferred email, password and personal information in the boxes on the screen
- Check your email inbox for a confirmation email from GIPP (check your spam folder also).
- Click on the link in the confirmation email to confirm your new GIPP account
- Complete registration process, upload your birth certificate, CV and statement of result.
- Take assessment
Graduates will have to retake the assessment after 7 days, if they fail.
What happens after the Internship
At the end of the internship period, interns would have gained valuable work experience and built up their professional skills. In addition, they would gain exposure to possible entrepreneurial opportunities to strengthen their professional skills and interpersonal relationship.
For more information, visit the official website of the Graduate Internship Placement Programme.