The BlackBerry Partners Fund™ has announced the fourth annual BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. This year, developers of BlackBerry® smartphone and BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet applications can enter their applications in a series of competitions to win some exciting prizes and recognition awards. Winners will be selected on a regional basis across four global regions – North America, Latin America, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia Pacific. If you are a developer and you reside in Africa, this is definitely something you have to consider.
This year’s Challenge includes the following three competitions:
- Best Adobe Flash®/AIR app
- Most Innovative BlackBerry WebWorks™ app on the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 6
- Most Addictive social app using the BBM™ Social Platform
Recognition Awards will be presented in several categories, including Best B2C Application Developed for a Customer by an Agency or ISV, Most Useful Enterprise Application, Best Website Conversion using the BlackBerry WebWorks Platform, and more.
This global competition selects winners on a regional basis from North America, Latin America, Europe/Middle East/Africa, and Asia Pacific. Judges will evaluate all applications submitted based on their quality, innovation, creativity and compelling user experience. This year’s prizing is valued at $3 million, almost double the value of prizes awarded last year and it includes BlackBerry DevCon passes for the event in 18 – 20 October 2011, taking home BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets, being featured on BlackBerry App World™ carousel, membership in the BlackBerry® Alliance Program and much more.
The first 100 eligible applications submitted to each of the three competitions in the Challenge will receive prize packages consiting of:
- One App World carousel placement for a duration of 1 week
- One Blackberry Smartphone
Approximate retail value of each Incentive Prize Package is $5,500. In addition, prizes will be awarded to applications selected as the first and second runners-up and winner in each competition in each region – for a total of twelve (12) prizes.
Both newly developed and existing applications are eligible to compete in this year’s BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. To participate in the Challenge, complete the application forms for each competition within the following dates:
- Best Flash/AIR Mobile App for BlackBerry PlayBook – can be submitted from April 28, 2011 through August 12, 2011
- Most Innovative BlackBerry WebWorks app on the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 6 – can be submitted from May 9, 2011 through August 26, 2011
- Most Addictive social app using the BBM Social Platform – can be submitted later this summer;
How To Enter
- Register and be accepted by Research In Motion Limited as a BlackBerry App World developer.
- Then, sign up for the challenge.
Visit the BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge for more details.