One of the major problems that comes with smart phones is the rate at whcih battery life is drained. Its not a virus eating your battery life away or your Android device not in good condition, neither is it the screen resolution (even though its partially responsible).
If you are a heavy data user, then you are sure your battery life would not last 12hrs even when fully charged and when heavily used for mobile application such as twitter, facebook, skype, yahoo messager, whatsapp messenger just to mention a few.
The technicallities of how data consumes battery life would not be discussed in the post, as its clear you need alot of power to remain connected to a data access node; hence the father you are to an access node, the more your battery gets drained. That explains why staying on a wi-fi network is better off than using a 3G/4G network.
Nevertheless, your worries have just come to an end with the applicaton called JuiceDefender which is currently avialable on Android.
The application comes with the following features:
- 5 preset profiles (from default mode to full customization)
- Easy and intuitive user interface (ads free!)
- 3. 2 home screen widgets
- Mobile data toggle automation
- 2G/3G toggle automation**
- WiFi toggle automation + auto-disabling option
- Location-aware WiFi control (e.g. enable WiFi only at home/work, disable it otherwise)
- Battery consumption optimization (e.g. when screen off, battery under threshold, etc.)
- Comprehensive connectivity scheduling (regular schedule, night time/peak time, week days/weekends)
- Connectivity control for specific apps (e.g. when Pandora is running, leave connectivity on no matter what)
- CPU scaling when phone is idle**
- Full activity log
JuiceDefender extends your battery life by intelligently and transparently managing the most battery-draining components of your Android device, like 3G/4G connectivity and WiFi. With JuiceDefender you can easily keep power consumption under control (e.g. disabling connectivity when the battery runs low), schedule regular synchronization events, enable or disable connectivity for specific apps, auto-toggle WiFi depending on your location, and much more.
It is ready to go right after installation: the preset modes are the perfect way to easily gain precious hours of battery life – it’s literally as easy as one tap!
And if you want to go under the hood, you can tweak everything to your unique needs, because JuiceDefender is also fully customizable through a clean and intuitive user interface.
Once configured, JuiceDefender runs by itself, improving your battery life in a fully automated manner.