Apple has lost its creative and visionary leader Steve Jobs. Even if you never knew him he has influenced humanity. His brilliance approached in develop Apple brand of products remain the keystone of Apple’s success story. It is still hard to imagine Apple without him.
On the huge banner display on Apple’s homepage (Apple brand website) is his picture and on a second page; a short tribute.
Steve Jobs (1955-2011)
“We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.
His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts”
After battling various health issues following his surgery to treat pancreatic cancer in August 2004, Steve Jobs stepped seven years after from his position as CEO of Apple, hinting that he may have known that he knew the end was near. In his resignation letter he wrote;
“I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
“I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.”
His life and business has been phenomenal and has distinctively affected 3 industries in the 35 years of being involved in technology (music,personal computing and mobile telephony). He will be thoroughly missed.
Bill Gates, former CEO of Microsoft, was quoted by The New York Times as saying that he was “truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’s death.” He added: “The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.”
Steven P. Jobs is survived by his wife Laurene, their three children, and one child from a previous relationship.
10 Golden Lessons from Steve Jobs
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
- “You know, we don’t grow most of the food we eat. We wear clothes other people make. We speak a language that other people developed. We use a mathematics that other people evolved… I mean, we’re constantly taking things. It’s a wonderful, ecstatic feeling to create something that puts it back in the pool of human experience and knowledge.”
- “There’s a phrase in Buddhism, ‘Beginner’s mind.’ It’s wonderful to have a beginner’s mind.”
- “We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on.”
- “I’m the only person I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year…. It’s very character-building.”
- “I would trade all of my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.”
- “We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” (10 lessons Culled: – [Ririan Project]
If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, and condolences, please email email@example.com.