Johnson & Johnson is the world’s largest healthcare company aspiring to care for the world, one person at a time. Over 130,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission. The Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact Team supports and champions the people on the front lines who are at the heart of delivering care. Through its global and community-based partnerships and programs, the Team aims to support the next generation of global and community-based health leaders to develop the skills and tools they need to drive health and well-being in under-served communities. This is why the company launches the One Young World Virtual Scholarship Program 2021.
About One Young World Virtual Scholarship Program 2021
For the fourth year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact is collaborating with One Young World to offer scholarships to 12 aspiring young health leaders across the globe to participate in the virtual 2021 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
Centred around the One Young World Summit 2021, the program provides an accelerated learning opportunity covering:
- Access to virtually attend the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Participation in the 2021 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Participate in a six month accelerated learning and development program including global kick off and debrief calls, virtual learning sessions and global ScopeAthons (working and learning with other NGOs and/or social enterprises to create practical, feasible and innovative solutions in the field of ie climate change, public health, etc.)
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders
- Buddy Team support: Teams of 2021 Johnson & Johnson OYW delegates, called buddy teams, supporting scholars pre, during and post Summit in furthering their aspiration and creating innovative solutions based on pre-defined needs
- Aged 18 – 30
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this program.
- Young leaders from non-governmental organisations, social enterprises, community-based organisations or individual leaders/entrepreneurs who are making a positive impact within their local community through the delivery of care to vulnerable people, their families and communities. This may include activities undertaken by nurses, midwives, community health workers, formal/informal (family) caregivers and healthcare professionals trainees (both clinical and non-clinical)
- Health Care Professionals who are classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer.
- Important: Scholars must be available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month program period. This is from March 2021 to August 2021.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others.
- Skills: enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to change the status quo, team player, good communicator and project management.
- Submit an online application via the link below before 27 November 2020.
- A shortlist of candidates will receive invitation in December 2020 to submit a video personal statement and letter of reference.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in a video interview with One Young World in January 2021.
- All candidates will receive information about the final outcome of their application in February 2021.
One Young World conducts the selection process and doesn’t involve Johnson & Johnson. Application Deadline: 5:00 pm GMT 27 November 2020.
How to Apply
To apply for the program, visit the official website of the Johnson & Johnson / One Young World Virtual Scholarship Program 2021.