In order to give enough time to developers to take part in the the “Create for Millions” contest, Nokia has announced a shift in the deadline for the contest. The contest will now end on 01 November 2011 as against 20 September 2011 earlier communicated.
The contest aims to ensure that outstanding apps are created to be used on the S40 devices. As developer, you will be expected to submit your best Series 40 Java or web apps to win your share of cash and prizes, worth 1 million euros. These apps will seek to inform, educate, entertain, and bring people closer together.
The “Create for Millions” contest features four categories where you can bring out your best work for Nokia’s latest Series 40 phones:
- In the Know – Nokia seeks Series 40 web apps focusing on news and location-based information.
- Fun & Games – Nokia is eager to try your Series 40 Java games and entertainment apps that will fill those spare moments during the day with amusing, unforgettable diversions.
- Emotional Closeness – this is your chance to submit social networking apps that are developed either as Series 40 Java apps or web apps.
- Access to Knowledge – Nokia wants your life improvement apps (e.g., education, health, etc.), and in this category they will accept either Series 40 Java apps or web apps too.
How to enter the contest?
To enter Nokia’s Create for Millions contest, you will need to first publish your Series 40 Java or web app to Ovi Store, and then complete the contest registration form using the link below. You must provide the following when you enter the contest:
- Valid contact details
- The content item URL from Nokia’s Ovi Store
- A short demo video to showcase your app
The deadline to enter Create for Millions is now 01 November 2011. By entering the contest you agree to the terms and conditions.
Please note: Preference will be given to new applications, originally published to Nokia’s Ovi Store after 15 June 2011.
Are you working on an app for the Nokia platform and think you will to submit it for this contest? Then, click here and enter the Create for Millions contest.
Image credits: Create for Millions website